Falmouth Art Gallery
- 30 October 2013
- South West
- Local Alliances:
- Falmouth Dementia Action Alliance
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists a number of outcomes that we are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
- Improving staff awareness and understanding of dementia, thereby having a good customer service ethos and training for our staff.
- By enabling people living with dementia to be part of the community and continue to do daily and social activities
- Have a willingness to respond to the individual’s needs and help/support them when we can and it is reasonable for us to do so.
- Opportunities for workshops, social events and talks
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
- Lack of knowledge among our staff/community
- Limited time, resources and/ or a stretched budget
Training and awareness raising for all staff
Looking at our facilities and if we can make things easier – get help with this – making sure signs are clear and appropriately placed.
Practice and policy review
Review our practice/ policies which may affect a person with dementia and look for alternatives (eg signatures instead of use of pin)