The Body Shop, Winchester
Ethical cosmetic products retail
- 29 December 2014
- Local Alliances:
- Hampshire Dementia Action Alliance
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
- We are a warm, friendly, open team who are patient and understanding.
- We will work with individuals to establish their needs and ensure these needs are met.
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
- Delivering training to all team members, to clarify understanding of the illness.
Dementia Awareness raising for staff
Ensure all staff members attend a dementia awareness raising session
Appoint a Dementia Champion
Nominate an individual to be a dementia lead/ champion for the organisation, to ensure the view point of people with dementia is considered in all aspects of the organization.
Embed the concept of being ‘Dementia Friendly’ within the business.
Review business operational manuals and guidance (e.g. staff training) to ensure dementia awareness is included.
Organise/ hold/ promote fundraising event for groups/ activities/ charities which help/involve people with dementia
2014 - Third Quarter Update