Millercare- Salford and Manchester
Millercare is a premier specialist provider of mobility and healthcare equipment in the North West. We have been in business for over 60 years and our Sales and Service Staff have unequalled experience, knowledge and training. We provide all our Customers with the best possible before, during and after sales service. We aim to give our Customers more independence, freedom and improved quality of life by supplying products, services and advice that best suits their needs. We are committed to promoting the Dementia Action Alliance, in and around the North West as much as possible by improving Staff awareness and understanding of dementia, thereby having a good customer ethos and training for all our staff over Millercare’s nine branches. We build relationships with our customers based on trust and an in-depth understanding of their individual needs. This ensures we are able to provide the necessary needed advice. We aim to create an environment and service where people with dementia and their carers feel comfortable and confident that issues they face are understood and that they will be encouraged and supported to make their own choices and decisions wherever possible.
- 24 October 2014
- North West
- Local Alliances:
- Manchester Dementia Action Alliance , Salford Dementia Action Alliance
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
- Access Dementia Training for all staff members to gain a greater understanding of dementia and its challenges ie. become dementia friends / supporters.
- Work with other local businesses by supporting dementia training / workshops etc.
- Attend community dementia services local to each Branch ie dementia cafes and DAA meetings to become involved in promoting dementia friendly communities
- Raise the awareness of dementia and support in the community
- Overcome cultural / language barriers
- Promote dementia awareness to other businesses/contacts locally to recognise the needs of people with dementia and their carers
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
- Lack of dementia knowledge
- Lack of awareness of the challenges met by those living with dementia and their carers
- Supporting them within a retail environment