Independent travel agency specialising in bespoke, tailor-made travel arrangements throughout the world, as well as package holidays, hotels, flights, city and UK breaks
- 10 September 2014
- Yorkshire and Humber
- Local Alliances:
- Harrogate and Rural District Dementia Action Alliance, Yorkshire & Humber Dementia Action Alliance
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
Our service is grounded in the highest professional standards. We recognise that each of our clients is unique and as such deserves a bespoke service, tailored to their own travel needs and requirements
We work closely with all of our clients, building a relationship based on trust and an in-depth understanding of their travel requirements. This ensures that we are able to provide the advice that is needed, when it’s needed.
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
We will continue to grow our dementia knowledge and apply to our travel agency in order to meet the needs of our local community and the newly formed retailers alliance, Oatlands Parade, as well as Harrogate and the district.
- Improving staff awareness and understanding of dementia, thereby having a good customer service ethos and training for our staff.
- Have a willingness to respond to the individual’s needs and help/support them when we can and it is reasonable for us to do so.
Responding to the individuals needs.
Help/supporting them when we can and it is reasonable for us to do so
Improving staff awareness and their understanding of Dementia
Staff, when time allows to access the Social Care Institute for Excellence training resources pages specific to Dementia as well as Dementia Forward