The Lawn, Alton
We provide care and support for older people. We are a charity and aspire to a society where all older people are treated with respect and have the opportunity to live fulfilled lives. The Lawn is a residential home whose staff supports individuals’ choices and wishes.
- 8 March 2016
- East of England
- Health, Care, Hospitality
- Local Alliances:
- Hampshire Dementia Action Alliance
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
Friends of the Elderly provides staff with good training and employs two Admiral Nurses. The nurses offer support and advice to residents, staff and their families.
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
Time and area which Admiral Nurses have to cover.
Dementia awareness raising for staff
Ensure staff, especially all customer facing staff, attend appropriate dementia training.
- Delivered, Being implemented
2014 - Second Quarter Update
To create a support group for carers of people with dementia to be led by one of our team and to invite our Admiral nurse to attend whenever possible.
- Investigating, Planning
To have regular coffee mornings/afternoons for people with Dementia and their carers.
To invite people with Dementia to The Lawn to take part in some of our activities such as gardening/feeding the animals. This would offer respite to their carers too.
To open a coffee shop where local people can enjoy a drink and be able to socialise.
To offer Day Care to people in the area who have Dementia and to enable their carers to have some respite.
A reminiscence group remembering things gone by.