Our group will co-ordinate the development of the Dementia Friendly initiative in the Alton Community and support ongoing development of those who ‘sign-up’.
- 5 August 2014
- South East
- Voluntary Sector, Communication
- Local Alliances:
- Hampshire Dementia Action Alliance
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
Co-ordinating the on going support and recruitment of the members of the Alton Dementia-Friendly Community.
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
Being able to access updates and support from HDAA. All committee members finding time to meet and plan the future work of this group.
Ensure all members attend a dementia awareness raising session.
- Delivered, Being implemented
2014 - Second Quarter Update
Recruit volunteers / develop Dementia-Friendly community
Increase number of retailers/businesses signed up in the community from 32 (01/07/14) to 100 by (01/07/15).
Set up peer support group
Provide a peer support group / forum for on – going support of all members of the Alton Dementia Friendly community. Develop a more detailed action plan for the group
- Being implemented
Local Communication re Dementia Friendly initiatives and news
Develop and distribute a newsletter to all members and make available to public re the dementia friendly activity and success of this group.