Training Centre for People with learning difficulties that is also cafe and sweet shop, where young adults are trained fir future employment
- 7 July 2014
- South West
- Local Alliances:
- Ilminster Dementia Friendly Community
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
- Improving customer service through increasing staff awareness and understanding of dementia
- All staff have been given the "How to help people with Dementia" booklet.
- We are improving signage in shop where needed.
- Coin recognition chart is on display at the till.
- We will be informing other businesses of our involvement with Dementia Action Alliance
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
- Lack of knowledge and understanding amongst our staff and community
- Limited time and resources.