Lanes Garden Shop
Shop supplying garden furniture and garden related gifts and tools.
- 28 March 2015
- South West
- Local Alliances:
- Ilminster Dementia Friendly Community
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
- We will improve customer service through increasing staff awareness and understanding of dementia.
- There are only two staff so we will read booklet and any additional literature provioded.
- If we have any questions will discuss with member of Dementia Friendly group when they visit.
- Shop is already well laid out with plenty of space and goods well labelled.
- due to nature of shop staff already engage on one to one basis with cvcustomers
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
- lack of knowledge among staff and local community.
- time and resources as only two staff work at shop and are often very busy.