The Phoenix Theatre and Arts Centre
The Phoenix Theatre and Arts centre provides performance, workshops and other cultural activities for the local community and across the South East.
- 13 May 2014
- South East
- Local Alliances:
- Hampshire Dementia Action Alliance
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
We aim to be an as inclusive venue as possible, delivering a cultural experience for all members of the community. We are exploring the possibility of running workshops and events (such as cinema) specifically for Dementia groups.
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
The challenges we can foresee are:
- Making sure staff and volunteers are trained appropriately
- Ensuring that the events we run are both quality and affordable for participants
- Advertising the services that we can provide to the right communities
- Transport for participants to and from the venue
Dementia Awareness raising for staff
Ensure all staff, attend a dementia awareness raising session
Source funding to subsidies activities
We will explore funding options from local councils and other organisations to make our activities for cost effective for the participants while meeting the venue costs.
Marketing the events
We will build up at network of local organisations and individuals who either work with or are people affected by Dementia so we can easily circulate information about the events and workshops we programme.
Exploring transport options for participants
We will circulate information about the community transport services available to ‘Dementia Friendly Hampshire’.
2014 - First Quarter Update