Wadebridge Chamber of Commerce
The Chamber exists as a forum and provides an opportunity for everyone in business to help shape and secure the future of our town. We are also here to provide support and networking opportunities and these are areas that we are keen to develop this year. We welcome all members, old and new and I would urge everyone in business in the Wadebridge area to get in touch and join. The Chamber and its role have changed significantly over the last few years, so maybe it’s time to take a fresh look?”
- 7 October 2015
- South West
- Membership Organisations, Retail
- Local Alliances:
- Wadebridge Dementia Action Alliance
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
- We provide goods and services to people with dementia that support them in their daily living and enable them to stay at home and in their community, enjoying the best quality of life for longer
- Improving staff awareness and understanding of dementia, thereby having a good customer service ethos and training for our staff.
- By enabling people living with dementia to be part of the community and continue to do daily and social activities
- Have a willingness to respond to the individual’s needs and help/support them when we can and it is reasonable for us to do so.
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
Having a clear understanding of how we can best support people living with dementia.