Wadebridge Town Council
Wadebridge Town Council Mission Statement The Town Council aims to improve the quality of life for the residents of Wadebridge. To this end, we pledge to: •Provide high standard and cost-effective services to help meet the needs and wishes of local residents •Engage in open dialogue with residents to understand their needs and together, work out how we can address those needs within the resources and powers available to the Town Council. •Actively pursue a representational role. •Assist, encourage and empower groups and individuals to address local needs. •Promote the best interest of the town for the betterment of the local and greater community •Work together with all sections of the community •Engage in the protection of the environment within the means of the Council.
- 7 October 2015
- South West
- Local Authorities
- Local Alliances:
- Wadebridge Dementia Action Alliance
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
- Improving staff awareness and understanding of dementia, thereby having a good customer service ethos and training for our staff. For example if a person with dementia develops behaviour that challenges others, our staff will take time to understand why they are acting in this way and help them try to avoid it.
- By enabling people living with dementia to be part of the community and continue to do daily and social activities.
- Have a willingness to respond to the individual’s needs and help/support them when we can and it is reasonable for us to do so.
- To look at dementia friendly signage for the town.
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
Awareness of the needs of people living with dementia.
The Town Council staff and elected members to attend a dementia awareness information session
Arrange for the Wadebridge Dementia Action Alliance to facilitate two sessions of dementia awareness information.
The Town Council staff and elected members to have the opporunity to become dementia friends
Arrange for Dementia Friend Champions with the Wadebridge Dementia Action Alliance to deliver the 5 Key messages about dementia to the Council staff and elected representatives at two dementia awareness information sessions.
Consider the dementia friendliness of the direction signs provided by the Town Council
Through discussion with the Wadebridge Dementia Action Alliance and the guests of the Wadebridge Memory Cafe gather the views of people affected by dementia on the effectiveness of the current signs; and take action on the outcome.