Carousel Theatre Company
Small scale touring theatre company specialising in performance in residential care homes and community settings. Our shows are designed to help with reminiscence through music and visual stimulation, revisiting popular contemporary cultural references from television, radio, cinema and theatre. Taking our audiences on a journey through time, we encourage their participation for those who wish to.
- 1 November 2017
- London, South East
- Arts, Recreation
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
Our productions are designed to improve well being through fun activities, such as song and dance, giving a real feeling of a trip to the theatre. Visiting bygone years we take our audience, of both carer and the cared for, on a trip down memory lane, encouraging conversation and discussion about a shared experience past or present. Our shows are devised to reach all members of the audience, including those who are experiencing MCI or have had a diagnosis of dementia, and those supporting them. We are mindful of the difficulties that can be associated with age, we aim to stimulate both sight and sound through use of colourful costumes, authentic props, original and contemporary recordings. There is something for everyone.
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
- We work hard to present a quality product, funding this can be a challenge.
- Accessing the appropriate staff to book us within the care home structures
- Getting the message across that we offer a full theatrical experience, not simply a singer and a PA system.
- In poor economic times we are all experiencing now, ensuring that managers at care establishments are aware they will be buying a value for money package which offers not only a single performance and event, but a springboard for further activities and reminiscence.
Member websiteCurrently underconstruction FACEBOOK CarouselTheatreCompany
Best of British
16th June to 13th July
Come back with us to the glory days of post war Britain and relive the joy and celebration of the Festival of Brtain, the Coronation and the birth of Muffin the Mule. Shake off those modern blues and cut a rug with the hits of the forties and fifties.
2014 - Second Quarter Update