Addison Travel Ltd
Addision Travel is a fully independent ABTA bonded travel agent. Addison Travel listens to clients requirement especially to any important requirements such as private transfers required as client doesn’t like crowds if transferred by group bus etc. We can tailor make a holiday to clients specifications and not force them onto an operator or holiday that is not suitable to them. As an independent agent Addison Travel is not forced to use just one supplier and can use whichever one is the most suitable for clients requirements.
- 5 August 2015
- North West
- Local Alliances:
- Bury Dementia Action Alliance
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
- Access dementia training so that I have a greater understanding of dementia and the challenges it brings i.e. become a dementia friend.
- Attend the community dementia services in Bury i.e. dementia cafe and singing for the brain and the dementia action alliance meetings so I can become involved and engaged in promoting dementia friendly communities.
- I am happy to volunteer at any events which raise the awareness of dementia and support the community.
- To promote dementia to other business/contacts I have in recognising the needs of those with dementia and their carers.
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
- Lack of dementia knowledge
- Lack of awareness and the challenges that come for those living with dementia and for carers supporting them within my retail business
Improve my knowledge of dementia by accessing dementia training and becoming a dementia friend.
I will improve my skills of dementia and promote dementia awareness to my local community and to my contacts.
Volunteer and support dementia friendly communities
To attend the local dementia community services (dementia cafes, singing for the brain, dementia awareness event events) to gain more awareness and support people’s and communities need. In finding out the needs of those with dementia I can then adapt my service in response to their feedback and make more options available to suit their needs
To raise awareness within my retail business/local community and display/promote literature on dementia.
To gain relevant information on dementia and promote local dementia services to those I come across in my work. To promote the awareness to my colleagues/work contacts in the same business or that of hospitality.