We provide high quality, compassionate, home care, personal care, support and companionship to enable people to remain living in their own home for as long as possible. We know that a friendly and warm approach in helping with the things that matter to a person can make a huge difference to their life. Our services are available across the south.
- 1 March 2017
- South East
- Health, Care
- Local Alliances:
- Hampshire Dementia Action Alliance, Dementia Friendly Southampton (Southampton DAA)
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
Our work involves delivering support and services to vulnerable people, including people with dementia.
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
· Time constraints (for training)
· Financial constraints (for signage, training, staff time outside of training, material/resources)
· Quality constraints in demonstrating/evidencing delivery of actions in the home and in SCA buildings/communities (linked also to financial constraints, as funding for all services is related to tightly defined outcomes and resource required to spot check quality provision)
Dementia Awareness raising for staff
Ensure staff, especially all customer facing staff, attend a dementia awareness raising session.
- Being implemented
2013 - Fourth Quarter Update
Development of awareness and support facilities
To work in partnership with local authorities and health commissioners to develop dementia awareness and support facilities.