Falshaw’s Farm Shop
The Falshaw Family have farmed at Nabbs Farm for five generations and more than seventy years. We produce high quality milk, breed pedigree Suffolk sheep and have also formed a successful beef herd. We have opened our farm shop, tea room and ice cream parlour so that we can supply these quality British products direct to you in the form of ice cream made in the shop, good home cooked food and fine meat.
- 31 March 2014
- North West
- Local Alliances:
- Bury Dementia Action Alliance
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
- Improve staff awareness and understanding of dementia, thereby delivering good customer service and training for our staff.
- Enable people living with dementia to be part of the community and continue to do daily and social activities.
- Have a willingness to respond to the individual’s needs and help/support them when we can and where it is appropriate for us to do so.
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
- Lack of knowledge/understanding amongst staff/community
Staff training and support
- Nominate a member of our team who will become our organisation’s Dementia Champion and act as a resource for other colleagues within the organisation.
- We intend for all staff to become more dementia aware by attending a dementia awareness session.
- We intend to educate all staff in the ‘top tips for customer facing staff’ list of tips to help us to deliver better customer service to people with dementia.
- Initial Scoping
Promote and support local dementia awareness events
We plan to promote Bury DAA and dementia awareness events through our networks, social media and facilities.
Supply information on dementia in Farm Shop
We plan to supply information in our shop/service to signpost people affected by dementia to local support services.
Host events and/or services
We plan to host events and/or services in our facilities for the benefit of local people living with dementia and/or carers.
- Initial Scoping