Delicious & Delicious at the Fusiliers
Delicious & Delicious at The Fusiliers are a catering company with a deli sandwich shop & a cafe providing homemade food, special occasion & corporate catering.
- 31 March 2014
- North West
- Local Alliances:
- Bury Dementia Action Alliance
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
Improving staff awareness and understanding of dementia, recognizing the signs and symptoms of dementia andhaving a good customer service which reflects that.
By enabling people living with dementia to be part of the community and continue to do daily and social activities.
Have a willingness to respond to the individual’s needs and help/support them when we can.
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
- Staff awareness of dementia and how it can affect everyday life.
- The main challenge is time which is limited & resources. We do the best we can with the people that I employ.
Attend DAA meetings
I will be attending each Dementia Action Alliance meeting to get valuable information & more understanding about Dementia.
Attend dementia cafes
- Attend the local Dementia cafe on a monthly basis to meet & understand more about carers, support workers, people with Dementia & their families.
- I will then return to Delicious & report back to my staff to aid awareness and understanding.
The Deli shop will distribute leaflets about Dementia to raise customers' awareness.
All staff to read the Guide for Customer Facing Staff and access any training available.
Support Dementia Awareness Week
Support Dementia Awareness Week and hold fundraising events in aid of dementia charities.