Cheetham Jackson Ltd
We are independent financial planners offering personal, face-to-face, independent advice, tailored to your needs and based on the whole of the market. We offer a full financial review service including retirement planning, lump sum investing, portfolio planning, personal pensions, SIPPs, ISAs, protection policies, all with appropriate tax planning. We work on a fee based model; any costs are discussed before they are incurred and the first consultation is without charge. On any journey there may be many modes of transport or a variety of vehicles that can be used to reach the desired destination; successful investing is no different. Once we have worked closely with a client to understand what they are genuinely looking to achieve, what their point of departure is, their destination and how much time is available for the journey, we will then help them ‘map-out’/define the best route and the most suitable investment vehicles in order to get there as safely and efficiently as possible. We help people take control of their financial planning by working with our clients to empower them with information, education and understanding and then applying it to help them achieve their unique financial planning goals.
- 21 August 2017
- North West, Yorkshire and Humber, East Midlands
- Local Alliances:
- Rotherham Dementia Action Alliance, Derbyshire Dementia Action Alliance , Chesterfield Dementia Action Alliance
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
Our approach is and always has been to assist those who need support in managing their financial affairs professionally and with the clients priorities at its core. We operate a philosophy of ensuring all advisers provide thorough advice which takes into account all circumstances both short and long term. We ensure that advice is not just given on a transactional basis, our commitment is to ensure that our clients are taken care of for as long as they require such. We aim to educate, empower and provide an understanding to those appropriate so peace of mind is at the forefront of discussions In providing this reassurance, it allows our clients, their families and friends to focus on what is important to them and know that their financial affairs are in safe hands. As we believe transparency is paramount so we work on a fee based model; any costs are discussed before being incurred. We also provide a complimentary initial consultation to avoid any undue confusion and ensure we can assist in helping resolve a clients needs. This approach can prove crucial when different parties are involved in ensuring any decision made is the correct one.
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
1) Raising awareness that people should not to assume all financial advisory organisations operate with the same morals and ethics 2) Attaining wider interaction in what is generally regarding a more personal/private relationship (that of someone's financial position) 3) Education! In understanding how investment markets work and what impact costs have on investment performance will ultimately free people to make better financial decisions for themselves. 4) Emotions! Successful financial planning means maintaining ones resolve during periods of market upheaval and the avoidance of emotional reactions, as being disciplined and maintaining a long term focus are two of the key ingredients to long term investment success. Keeping your head whilst everyone around loses theirs. 5) Ensuring that our values, ethics and belief, that everyone deserves the highest level of honest, transparent advice, is mirrored and perpetuated within any professional advisory firm that we work closely with, for the common good of our mutual clients.
Ensure structred outline to activityies for 2017 promoted on website and social media
2017 Structured Community Dementia Friends Sessions
To ensure 4 meetings per quarter that are routinely structured and available for the Chesterfield Community
Raising awareness of Dementia and the support required
One of the first stages to be undertaken is that of understanding what is actually required in the opinion of those with experience of working closely with Dementia sufferers on a day-to-day basis. By increasing awareness of the core issues it will raise awareness and give direction to the focus that can be applied and further actions. By engagement and increasing a contact network of individuals there can be an active sounding board to sense check to actions intended.
Dementia Champion and staff engagement
We aim to have at least one Dementia champion in place to orchestrate the training of other staff throughout 2014. The intention will be to have at least one Dementia Champion in each office who can facilitate training for other off staff providing support and guidance as appropriate. Steps are already in place for the initial training for our first staff member to become a Dementia champion.
To influence local matters by forming structured network
Scott Golland, Financial Planner in Cheetham Jackson's Chesterfield Office, will take an active role in bringing together interested parties who can administer influence of local issues to ensure dementia friendly considerations. This will involve regular opportunities to meet, lobby and collectively ensure that a positive difference can be made within Chesterfield and surrounding areas.