Salford Care Training partnership
The Salford Care Training Partnership is made up of a wide range of provider organisations in homecare, residential care, voluntary and third sector organisations. City council staff co-ordinate the activity of the partnership to: • access and signpost funding opportunities • secure economies of scale in commissioning • work to support a person centred approach and the progression of personalisation
- 10 October 2013
- North West
- Local Alliances:
- Salford Dementia Action Alliance
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
- SCTP will promote the work of the alliance wherever possible with its partner organisations.
- Dementia will be considered as a priority area for spend in relation to any funding made available to the patnership for training activity.
- The webpages of the partnership will feature current relevant information and signposting in relation to Dementia.
- The partnership will ring fence some online Dementia e-learning training programmes for commercial organisations who sign up to the alliance.
- Priority access to class based training programmes will be given to organisations signed up to the alliance
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
- Potential for reduction of funding to the partnership
- Capacity issues due to limited human resources