Blandford Dementia Action Alliance
Registered as a Dementia Friendly Community
*With thanks to the Alliances of Dorchester and Weymouth & Portland for the use of the logo
To create a dementia friendly community in Blandford by turning understanding into action.
This will be achieved by tackling five distinct sections of the community by tailoring the support offered to meet their needs:
- The General Public
- People Living with Dementia and their carers
- Community Groups
- Providers of health & Social care Services
We envisage that our dementia friendly community in Blandford will demonstrate a high level of public awareness and understanding so that people living with dementia and their carers are encouraged to seek help and are supported by their community. Our community will become more inclusive of people with dementia, and will improve their ability to remain independent and have choice and control over their lives.
The dementia friendly communities programme focuses on improving the inclusion and quality of life of people with dementia. The Alzheimer's Society's has a five year strategy which includes a key ambition to work with people affected by dementia and key partners to define and develop dementia friendly communities across the country.
In these communities: people will be aware of and understand more about dementia; people with dementia and their carers will be encouraged to seek help and support; and people with dementia will feel included in their community, be more independent and have more choice and control over their lives. The Prime Minister's challenge on dementia also includes an ambition to create communities that are working to help people live well with dementia.
Blandford Alliance Steering Group
- Tracy Wilson-Corben – Co-ordinator for Blandford Dementia Action Alliance and Faithworks Dementia Friendly Churches Worker.
- Carol Tilley – Practice Manger Whitecliff Surgery
- Nicci Brown – Disability Action Group and Forum Focus
- Sarah Drummer-Wade Eagle house Practice manager.
- Rosemarie Spalding Eagle House Dementia Lead.
- Anita Roberts PCC Parish Church.
- Margo Kirk – Bus2go and carer
- Sue Inman – Popps worker.
- Emma Bevin – Library Manager
- Jennifer Harrisson – Milton Abbas Parish Council
- Margaret Holt- Past Carer Blandford citizen.
To join Blandford Dementia Action Alliance or for more information, please contact -
Tracy Wilson-Corben, Blandford DAA Co-ordinator email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blanchards Bailey LLP
- Blandford Forum Parish Church
- Blandford Forum Town Council
- Blandford Library
- Blandford Stour Rotary Club
- Complete Community Care (Solent) Ltd
- Dementia Gardens
- Dorset County Council
- HSBC Bank Blandford Forum
- Larks Leas Rest Home
- Miles of value
- Milton Abbey Church
- Okeford Benefice
- Scruples Coffee House and Internet Cafe.
- The Gorge Cafe
- Unify Dem LTD