West Kent Dementia Action Alliance
Part of the Kent initiative 'Working towards becoming a Dementia Friendly Community'
The West Kent Dementia Action Alliance is a member of the Kent Dementia Action Alliance and as such is part of the Kent initiative 'Working towards becoming a Dementia Friendly Community'.
The West Kent DAA was established in December 2014 with all members committing to the National Dementia Declaration, and sharing local information and best practice.
Members had already evidenced their determination to help people to Live well with Dementia through their membership of local Dementia forums and the Kent Dementia action alliance.
The Alliance is made up of a range of organisations who are all committed to turning words into actions, Many of the members have already produced their own action plans these include the Dementia forums of Sevenoaks, Maidstone, Tunbridge Wells and West Malling
The forums and agencies attached to this Action alliance are looking at a number of actions which the West Kent Action alliance will support , They will also be launching the alliance with a networking/ presentation day.
West Kent Dementia Action Alliance Supporters....
Home Instead Senior Care Tunbridge Wells, Sevenoaks and Edenbridge
Home Instead Senior Care Maidstone
Abbey Funeral Services LTD
Tonbridge Osteopathy Clinic
Garden of England Homecare
Tunbridge Wells Borough Council
Kent Search and Rescue
Maidstone Area Arts Partnership
Inspirations Hair saloon
The Able label
The community show
The Edenbridge and crowborough directories
The foot works
Arthritis Support Kent (ASK)
- Age Concern Malling
- Alzheimer’s & Dementia Support Services
- Alzheimer’s Society Kent & Medway
- Argo Life & Legacy Ltd
- Bright Shadow
- Building a Dementia Friendly Tonbridge
- Carers FIRST
- Crossroads Care Kent
- Golding Homes
- Hanover Housing Association, Kent
- Heather View Care Home (part of the Care UK group)
- Home Instead Senior Care, Shoreham (Kent)
- Home Instead, Maidstone
- Kent & Medway Health and Social Care Partnership Trust (KMPT)
- Kent County Council
- Kent Fire and Rescue Service (KFRS)
- Maidstone & Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust
- NHS West Kent Clinical Commissioning Group
- Sevenoaks area Dementia friendly community forum
- Sutton Valence Surgery
- The Good Care Group, Kent
- The Wrinkly Roadshow
- Tunbridge Wells: Dementia Friendly Community Forum
- Weald Heights, Care UK
- West Kent Housing Association
- West Malling Dementia Friendly Community Forum