Swale Dementia Action Alliance
Part of the Kent initiative 'Working towards becoming a Dementia Friendly Community'
The Swale Dementia Action Alliance is a member of the Kent Dementia Action Alliance and as such is part of the Kent initiative 'Working towards becoming a Dementia Friendly Community'. Members are agencies and residents of the area including statutory, voluntary and third sector agencies.
The Swale DAA was established in November 2014 with agreement of all members on Terms of Reference including committing to the National Dementia Declaration, and sharing local information and best practice
Members had already evidenced their determination to help people to Live well with Dementia through their membership of both local Dementia forums at Sheppey and Sittingbourne and the Kent Dementia action alliance.
The Alliance is made up of a range of organisations who are all committed to turning words into actions and brings together the two local dementia friendly community forums of Sittingbourne and Sheppey
The forums and agencies attached to this Action alliance have produced their own action plans with aims and objectives that the combined membership of the forums will work towards.
The Swale Action alliance will be supporting both these action plans plus discussing individual members local action plans.
The Key things that the Alliance are keen to promote (in addition to individual action plans) in the coming months are:
- raising awareness (including with local schools)
- the use of language and appropriate communications.
- promoting the Kent 24hr dementia help line
- Contributing to the Dementiafriendlykent.gov.uk website
- Encouraging local 'events' to become more dementia friendly by considering signage, accessibility and also quiet zones.
- Age UK Faversham and Sittingbourne
- Alzheimer’s Society Kent & Medway
- Argo Life & Legacy Ltd
- Dementia Inspired Ltd.
- isle of sheppey dementia friendly community forum
- Kent County Council
- Kent Fire and Rescue Service (KFRS)
- Maidstone: Dementia Friendly Community Forum
- No Place Like Home
- Pulse Cafe
- Sittingbourne Dementia Friendly Community Forum
- The Forum Shopping Centre
- The Wrinkly Roadshow