Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea Dementia Action Alliance
Terms of Reference
To join RBKC Dementia Action Alliance please contact Raya Zin Eddin on Raya.Zineddin@thegoodcaregroup.com or 07790 697777.
The national Dementia Action Alliance is made up of over 1200 organisations committed to transforming the quality of life of people living with dementia in the UK and the millions of people who care for them.
In the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, we know that with an ageing population, the number of people living with dementia is growing.
Members of the RBKC Dementia Action Alliance have signed up to a National Dementia Declaration. Created in partnership with people with dementia and their carers, the Declaration explains the huge challenges presented to our society by dementia and some of the outcomes we are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. Outcomes range from ensuring people with dementia have choice and control over decisions about their lives, to feeling a valued part of family, community and civic life.
Signatories to the Declaration have published their own Action Plans setting out what they each will do to secure these outcomes and improve the quality of life of people with dementia.
Purpose of the Kensington and Chelsea Dementia Action Alliance
- To work within our own organisations to raise the profile of people living with dementia and their carers and identify changes, small or large, that will improve their experience in the areas where we work.
- To use our influence to create similar changes within the wider community.
Expectations of Membership
Members will be those organisations that have signed up to the National Dementia Declaration and submitted a short Action Plan setting out how they plan to deliver on the outcomes described in the Declaration.
Members will be expected to take part in quarterly reporting on their Action Plans. Attendance at meetings is encouraged (where updates can be shared and discussed) but is not a requirement of membership.
Membership is likely to include a range of voluntary, public and private sector organisations. All are asked to respect the aims of the DAA and not to use it as a vehicle for marketing or promoting services.
Meetings and Communication
Meetings will be held quarterly at venues provided by the membership. The Chair and Secretary will service meetings including preparation and distribution of agendas, minutes and supporting papers.
The first Chair will be Holly Corlett from Age UK Kensington & Chelsea. The Chair will subsequently be selected by the group on an annual basis.
There may be occasion to undertake sub-group meetings or activity in order to complete a specific piece of work, for example attached to a specific sector of membership.
The DAA will normally agree actions by consensus, however a simple majority of eligible members may determine certain initiatives.
Review of Terms of Reference
To be undertaken after the first six months initially, then annually thereafter, to ensure continuing relevance. (First review – January 2015)
- Age UK Kensington & Chelsea
- Alzheimer's Society Kensington and Chelsea
- chana chemist ladbroke grove
- Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- For Brian CIC
- Fulham Good Neighbours
- HCA International - The Lister Hospital
- Home Instead Senior Care Kensington & Chelsea
- Kensington & Chelsea and Westminster Memory Service Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust
- Kensington & Chelsea Social Council
- Kensington & Chelsea TMO
- Leighton House Museum
- Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea
- Royal Hospital Chelsea
- The Good Care Group
- The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea
- The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea - Leisure Services
- The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust
- Westminster Arts
- Wormwood Scrubs Pony Centre