Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland Dementia Action Alliance
The Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland DAA is made up of various organisations from across these 3 areas all with the same aim, to improve the lives of people living with dementia and their carers. The local alliance has developed a terms of reference for new and existing members, when joining the local alliance an organisation agrees to the following.
- Recognising the diversity of organisations needed to support people with dementia and their carers in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
- Encouraging organisations to become part of the Leicestershire dementia action alliance.
- Working towards dementia friendly communities.
- Identifying and working with dementia champions.
- Sharing of information and networking amongst members.
- Identifying future work, sharing of resources and working in partnership.
The Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland DAA is chaired jointly by Samantha Clarke from Blaby District Council and Lynne Woodward from Leicestershire Police. The two chairs are working together to support the local alliance and to ensure it is working towards the aims outlined above and in the terms of reference.
- Wednesday 5th June
- Thursday 12th September
- Thursday 4th December
10.00am-1.00pm Main Conference Room Leicestershire Police HQ Enderby
(Please note for security reasons members must confimation their attendance prior to the meetings)
Leicestershire Police have kindly offered a meeting room for all of the 2019-20 DAA meetings.
Dementia Action Week 2019
- The local alliance has increased its membership to 35 members that have signed up to the DAA and produced action plans.
- In partnership with Leicestershire Police developed the Herbert Protocol which could be used in the event of a vulnerable person going missing.
- In partnership with Care Choices developed a practical guide for people living with a dementia and their carers.
- Supporting the LLR Dementia Strategy 2019-2022
How to Join the Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland DAA
Any organisation that operates in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland and wants to radically change the lives of people living with dementia can become a member of the DAA and get involved locally. To join the DAA please complete an action plan. The commitment we then ask from members is to attend quarterly meetings, report quarterly on their actions and get involved in the local work of the alliance. We also ask members for inkind contributions including room hire, administrative support and refreshments.
Samantha Clarke - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lynne Woodward - email@example.com
- Age UK Leicester Shire and Rutland
- Age UK Oadby and Wigston
- Alzheimers Society Leicestershire and Rutland
- Barchester Healthcare
- Beauty and Utility Arts
- Blaby District Council
- Cedar Mews Care Home
- Charnwood Surgery
- Community Dental Services CIC
- Dementia Companion Service
- Diocese of Leicester
- East Leicestershire and Rutland CCG
- East Midlands Care Ltd
- emh homes
- Health Watch Rutland
- Highcross (Hammerson)
- Hinckley and Bosworth Borough Council
- Kibworth Medical Centre
- Leicester City Clinical Commissioning group
- Leicester City Council
- Leicestershire County Council
- Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service
- Leicestershire Police
- Leicestershire Search and Rescue
- Live Well Activity Club
- Melton Borough Council
- Narborough & District Bowling & Social Club (N&DB&SC)
- Places for people Living+
- Sanders Senior Living Graysford Hall
- Skills for Care (Northamptonshire , Leicestershire and Warwickshire)
- Smith Partnership
- STATE 11 Plumbing and Heating
- The Emerald Centre
- University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust
- Urban Edge Architecture
- Wiltshire Farm Foods - Leicester