Corfe Mullen Dementia Action Alliance
Registered as a Dementia Friendly Community
The Corfe Mullen Dementia friendly community initiative was formally Launched by Annette Brooke MP on the 14th March. The DAA consists of 11 stakeholders from within the local community including a district councillor and a parish councillor . We seek to journey with both the carer and the older person with dementia , allowing them to inform and shape a dementia friendly community, a community that is safe and non –stigmatizing.
- To raise awareness and understanding of Dementia in the Corfe Mullen Community
- To Create a safe and non stigmatising community were older people with dementia can live well
- To create an environment where the carer and or older person with dementia can seek appropriate help and support
Peter Jones MA FRSA MABCP FBACP
The main achievement so far is the launch of a community run Memory Café , Down memory Lane.
We also have many more!
Meetings will be run quarterly. We also have a quarterly newsletter.
- Parish Council
- District council
- Chamber of commerce (businesses In Corfe Mullen )
- local Church
- Memory Cafe Rep
- Practice manager GP practice
- Neighbourhood Watch
Peter Jones –email email@example.com