North Lincolnshire Dementia Action Alliance
The North Lincolnshire Dementias Action Alliance is a voluntary group made up of representatives from the private, public and charity sectors whose aim is to make North Lincolnshire a dementia friendly place to live. We meet quarterly with a view to sharing information and good practice.
Our aims are:
- Sharing of information between members, Identifying future work, sharing of resources and working in partnership.
- Support businesses within North Lincolnshire to become dementia friendly.
- Work in partnership with the dementia steering group and provide updates on the work of the DAA as appropriate.
- Identify gaps in the services provided throughout North Lincolnshire.
- Improve care and support for people living with dementia so that they can live well within their community.
- Raise awareness of dementia at a local level in order to reduce the stigma of dementia and encourage people in the local community who have dementia or are worried about their memory to seek and be given patience, kindness, understanding and support.
- Help to ensure that the person with dementia is not excluded from anything that they reasonably want to do including encouraging them to use leisure, cultural and spiritual resources that are available in North Lincolnshire.
- Promote the dementia agenda across North Lincolnshire with the aim of supporting all members of the Alliance and the community to strive for excellence in supporting people with dementia as well as their carers and create dementia friendly communities in North Lincolnshire.
- Raising the awareness of dementia and signpost individuals to the relevant support and services either at a local or national level.
- Recognising the diversity of organisations needed to support people with dementia and their carers in North Lincolnshire.
- Encouraging organisations to become part of the North Lincolnshire dementia action alliance.
- Identifying and work with dementia champions.
We aim to raise awareness of dementia at a local level in order to reduce the stigma of dementia and encourage people in the local community who have dementia or are worried about their memory to seek and be given patience, kindness, understanding and support.
We want to help to ensure the person with dementia is not excluded from anything that they would reasonably want to do including encouraging people to use leisure, cultural and spiritual resources in the North Lincolnshire area.
We will focus on Living Well with dementia and will promote this across the Community with the aim of supporting all members of the Alliance and surrounding community to strive for excellence in supporting people with dementia and their carers and creating a dementia friendly community in the North Lincolnshire area.
For more information please contact:
Helen Wright, Chair of the North Lincolnshire Dementia Action Alliance on 01724 298802 or email Helen.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Abbey Health and Social care group
- Age UK North Lincs
- Alzheimer's Society - North & North East Lincolnshire
- Bennett Motor Services
- Carers' Support Service (North Lincolnshire)
- Community Union
- Engineering UTC Northern Lincolnshire
- Hall Farm
- Healthwatch North Lincolnshire
- Heart Medical
- Humber & Wolds Rural Community Council
- Humberside Fire & Rescue
- Humberside International Airport
- Humberside Police
- Lawcomm Solicitors
- Lincolnshire Co-op
- Lindsey Lodge Hospice
- Normanby Hall Country Park
- Normanby Hall Golf Course
- North Lincolnshire Adults Partnership (AP)
- North Lincolnshire Council Libraries
- North Lincolnshire Council Trading Standards
- North Lincolnshire Multi Faith Partnership
- North Lincolnshire Museum
- North Lindsey College
- Northern Lincolnshire & Goole NHS Foundation Trust - Community Dental Service
- Northern Lincolnshire and Goole Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Ongo Homes
- Peggy's World CIC
- Richden Park Residential Home
- Rotherham Doncaster and South Humber NHS Foundation Trust (RDaSH)
- Scunthorpe United Football Club
- Stroke Association (North Lincolnshire)
- Weldricks Pharmacy (H.I.Weldrick Ltd)
- Zeera Spice Lounge