Street Dementia Friendly Community
Our aim is to raise awareness of dementia and its impact and to support action which will help transform the quality of life of people with dementia and those who care for them in and around Street.
Street has approximately 115 large national retailers, 200 other businesses varying sizes and 14,000+ residents and it is our aim to make the village truly dementia friendly.
The Street Dementia Action Alliance was set up in August 2018.
- To develop a Dementia Friendly Community and to ensure that Street is a friendly and inclusive place where people with dementia can feel welcome and safe;
- To help as many people as possible in and around the town to be aware of how they can assist those affected by dementia. This includes schools, youth organisations, businesses etc.
- To liaise with and support other local Dementia Actions Alliances
- To establish and maintain effective support through information sharing networks
- To ensure that the voice of people with Dementia and their carers and families have a platform and to promote the work of the DAA
Laura Zaky - email@example.com
Deborah Cable – firstname.lastname@example.org