Cockermouth Dementia Action Alliance
Cockermouth Dementia Action Alliance has started working towards dementia friendly recognition for dementia friendly communities.
Aims & Objectives:
- To encourage a range of local organisations to become a member Cockermouth DAA
- Identify and increase the number of Dementia Friends Champions locally
- Share information and good practice amongst members
- Identify future work, sharing of resources and working in partnership
- The Alliance is NOT used for e.g. self-promotion or marketing of a business or service or to challenge activity of other members.
- For all organisations / community groups to be responsible for their own actions.
- The steering group for the Cockermouth DAA comprises of representatives from the member organisations. It meets on a monthly basis in advance of the launch in April 2018 and then quarterly meetings thereafter in order to continue the great work in making Cockermouth a Dementia Friendly Community.
- An annual general meeting (AGM) will take place every September
Next meeting TBC. Contact Hayley.Bishop@cumbria.gov.uk for information.
- Members will be invited to attend meetings to share their experiences, learn from fellow members and work together to complete & update action plans.
- New members must complete an Action Plan setting out what they can do to make a difference to people living with dementia.
- Each organisation / community group will complete a minimum of 3 x actions:
Once complete, the DDA logo window stickers will be issued which can be proudly promoted on windows / doors etc.