Tatsfield Village Dementia Action Alliance
Tatsfield is based in the Tandridge District of the County of Surrey in South East England.
The number of people estimated to have dementia in Surrey is over 16,000. This village has a higher than average proportion of older residents and limited public transport to surrounding towns.
The Tatsfield Village Local DAA (working towards a Dementia Friendly Tatsfield) has been created to raise awareness of dementia and engage different sections of the community.
Tatsfield Village LDAA has identified the following priority areas
- Raising awareness and challenging the stigma around dementia
- Work with local groups and services to enable them to become more dementia friendly, and provide recognition for this
- Creating a dementia café for people affected by dementia to come together
- Creating local networks of people interested in and affected by dementia, sharing good ideas, and promoting local initiatives for people with dementia and carers
- Putting forward the views and opinions of people with dementia and their carers
Meetings are held quarterly
Name: Susan Shury
If you would like to join Tatsfield Village Local DAA please complete the action plan document found here: Alliance Member Registration Form