Workington Dementia Action Alliance (DAA)
Workington had a successful launch of our alliance in May 2017 and are part of the Dementia Friendly Communities (DFC) Recognition Process.
Workington Dementia Action Alliance (DAA) was established in November 2016 made up of organisations and community members across Workington working together to improve the quality of lives of people living with dementia through delivering their action plans.
Action plans outline how each organisation / community group intend to input into working towards a Dementia Friendly Community across Workington
- To encourage a range of local organisations to become a member of Workington DAA
- Identify and increase the number of Dementia Friends & Champions locally
- Share information and good practice amongst members
- Identify future work, sharing of resources and working in partnership
- The Alliance is NOT used for, e.g. self-promotion or marketing of a business or service.
- For all organisations / community groups to be responsible for their own actions and to share learning & information with their own networks.
- The steering group for the Workington DAA comprises of representatives of the member organisations. It meets on a bi-monthly basis in order to continue to make Workington a Dementia Friendly Community.
- Members will be invited to attend the meetings to share their experiences, learn from fellow members and work together to complete & update action plans.
- New members must complete an Action Plan setting out what they can do to make a difference to people living with dementia.
The next DAA Meeting will take place on Monday 4th March 2019 from 9:30am. at Allerdale House, Workington.
- Age UK West Cumbria (Workington)
- Allerdale Borough Council
- Allerdale Memory and Later Life Service
- Asda Pharmacy Workington
- Boots - Workington
- Bupa Dental Care, Workington
- Churches Together in Workington & District
- Cumberland Building Society
- Cumbria County Council - Public Health & Communities Allerdale Team
- Harrington Pharmacy
- Health and Care Services - Cumbria County Council
- Impact Housing Association
- JH Sandham Chemist
- Moorclose Pharmacy
- St John the Evangelist Church, Workington
- Taylor Rose TTKW
- Tuschem Ltd
- W. Gourlay
- Workington Health Ltd
- Workington Town Council