Tamworth Dementia Action Alliance
Local alliance information
The Tamworth Dementia Action Alliance is made up of organisations that operate across the town and are working together to make Tamworth a Dementia Friendly Community, and they meet on a bi monthly basis.
Tamworth received recognition as 'Working to become a Dementia Friendly Community' in April 2017!
We are an active alliance & it's quite difficult to list all of our activities on one page.
From January 2018 we will be detailing our events, by month, in the events section of this website.
Each page can be accessed by clicking on the appropriate "month" link below:
Dementia friendly shops and businesses
We'd like your help in understanding some of the issues affecting people living with dementia when visiting Tamworth Shops and businesses You'd be welcome at our informal workshop at Sacred Heart on Tuesday 23rd October. Details on the poster
Places of Welcome
"Places of Welcome is a growing network of local community groups providing their neighbourhoods with places where all people feel safe to belong, connect and contribute"
"A Place of Welcome offers your neighbourhood a place where everyone can go for a friendly face, a cup of tea and a conversation if and when they need it"
Tamworth Places of Welcome
A date for the diary
How to join the Tamworth DAA:
To become a member of this Local Dementia Action Alliance, organisations submit a short action plan setting out how they will work towards being more dementia friendly. Once this has been submitted successfully, the organisation will be considered a local member of the Dementia Action Alliance.
To complete and submit your action plan please visit the 'join the alliance' page here. Organisations should use the contact details below to seek guidance or assistance.
Tamworth Borough Council
- Alzheimer's Society
- Community Together CIC
- Crown Medical Practice
- Dave Owen Cycles
- Heart of England Foundation Trust Charity
- Heart of Tamworth Community Project (HOT)
- Home Instead Senior Care - Lichfield, Tamworth, Sutton Coldfield and North Warwickshire
- John Lewis
- Living With Dementia
- Parish of Wigginton - St. Leonard’s Church & Spital Chapel of St. James
- Peel Medical Practice
- Riverside Surgery
- Sainsbury’s Tamworth
- Samaritans Tamworth
- South East Staffordshire and Seisdon Peninsula Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG)
- St Giles Hospice
- Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service
- Staffordshire Libraries and Arts
- Staffordshire Police
- Support Staffordshire Tamworth
- Tamworth Borough Council
- Tamworth Hockey, Cricket and Squash Club and Tamworth Old Players Society (TOPS)
- Tamworth Police
- TechSmart Training CIC
- The Carers Hub
- The Federation of Heathfields Infant and Wilnecote Junior School
- The Gatsby Emporium Ltd
- The Rotary Club of Tamworth Anker
- Uprising Leadership