Skipton & South Craven Dementia Action Alliance
The Skipton & South Craven Dementia Action Alliance has set up a Development Group which has so far secured expressions of interest from a broad range of individuals and organisations from a wide variety of sectors.
It first met in May 2016, and now meets approximately every 6 weeks to undertake a variety of activities towards the development of the Skipton & South Craven Dementia Action Alliance, including working towards an official Launch Event in Dementia Awareness Week in May 2017.
The Skipton & South Craven Dementia Action Alliance believes that people living with dementia should have the opportunity to live a good quality, active and healthy life for as long as possible.
Our overall aim is that we will work together to raise awareness of people living with dementia in our community, to help them ‘live well’ and to keep them safe, and here is how:
- We want to work with individuals and organisations based in our community to improve the awareness of people living with dementia across the whole community of Skipton & South Craven.
- We would like to increase the number of members of our local dementia alliance, so that more people living & working in our community have a greater understanding and empathy towards people they meet who have dementia.
- We want people in our community to understand what it’s like to live with dementia and help our dementia friends and neighbours and our dementia clients & customers to ‘live well’ with dementia by acting appropriately when dealing with someone who has dementia.
- We want to share knowledge, so that as many people living & working in our community can help to support people living with dementia to enjoy happy & healthy lives for as long as possible.
- We want people living with dementia to be safe. We want people to be ‘good neighbours’ and to support people to live in their homes within their communities for as long as possible.
- We want to work collaboratively with organisations including the emergency services operating within our communities to help people living in our communities to stay safe
- We will be pro-active and enthusiastic and communicate effectively with people and organisations based in our community so that we can achieve our goals.
Following the winning of the Outstanding Contribution to Dementia Friendly Communities Award in September 2015, Dyneley House Surgery together with other partners decided to form a local dementia action alliance.
If you want to know more about Skipton & South Craven Dementia Action Alliance, you can contact Kate Senior, at email@example.com
Or you can join by filling in an online form at http://www.dementiaaction.org.uk/join_the_alliance
- Leeds-Lancaster-Morecambe Community Rail Partnership Ltd.
- Airedale, Wharfedale and Craven Clinical Commissioning Group
- Carers' Resource
- Catholic Diocese of Leeds
- Craven District Council
- Dyneley House Surgery
- Full Circle Funerals
- Heart Medical
- Making Space - Craven
- Pioneer Projects ( Celebratory Arts ) Ltd
- Skipton Building Society (Keighley)
- Skipton Building Society Crosshills
- Two Ridings Community Foundation