Ipswich Dementia Action Alliance
Ipswich is the county town of Suffolk.
The IDAA is grateful for the work of Mayor Roger Fern who initiated a campaign to raise interest in and subsequently awareness of dementia. This campaign ran from 8 -15 October, and was generously supported by the East of England Co-Op who actively supported our application to be recognised as “Working to become Dementia Friendly”.
The Ipswich DAA has as its principal aims to:
- Increase awareness of dementia across the Borough by recruiting a wide range of organisations and promoting:
- The roll out of Dementia Friends awareness sessions of all customer facing staff, members or volunteers.
- Adoption of other dementia friendly measures as outlined in the relevant sector guidance available from the National DAA and the good practice examples of other Local DAA members actions posted on the DAA web site.
- Elicit the views of people affected by dementia as to what areas or sectors it should focus its efforts on.
- Establish and maintain a regular cycle of quarterly meetings for its membership, chaired by a committed and active person.
- Develop an ongoing publicity plan to promote through the local media the work of the Alliance, its members and awareness raising and good practice generally.
- Be a community that is “Working to become Dementia Friendly”.
Chairperson: Roger Fern
Secretary: Nicola Bradford
Initial meetings to plan how to develop the Alliance began in July 2015.
IDAA’s page on the national DAA website went live in October 2016; followed by a public launch sponsored by East of England Co-op which took place in May 2016
Establishment of the DAA and its website and a campaign to generate interest in developing awareness across the town and an action plan to take it forward.
Quarterly, hosted by members
How to join the IDAA
Contact - email@example.com
- Activ Lives
- Age UK Suffolk
- Alzheimer's Society
- Archway Carpets
- Blocks Solicitors
- Castle Hill United Reformed Church
- Community Action Suffolk
- East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust
- East of England Coop
- Ellisons Solicitors
- Giving Young People A Voice
- Greater Anglia
- Home Instead Senior Care - Ipswich
- Ipswich Borough Council
- Ipswich Building Society
- Ipswich Building Society
- Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust
- Ipswich Town & Waterfront
- Ipswich Town Football Club
- john olivers
- LimeSkills CIC
- Michael Smith & Co Solicitors
- New Wolsey Theatre
- Red Rose Chain
- Suffolk Community Foundation
- Suffolk County Council Trading Standards
- Suffolk Family Carers
- Suffolk Mind
- Suffolk New College
- United Response
- University of Suffolk
- Woodbridge Library