Plymouth Dementia Action Alliance
Registered as a Dementia Friendly Community, Winner of the Alzheimer's Society Dementia Friendly City Award (2016), Introduced allocated Dementia Friendly Parking Spaces in 5 local authority car parks across the city in 2016/17.
The Plymouth Dementia Action Alliance (PDAA) was established in 2011. It is comprised of over one hundred organisations who have come together to transform the quality of life for people with dementia and those who care for them in Plymouth.
The PDAA aims to develop a Dementia Friendly Community which:
“recognises the great diversity among individuals with dementia and their carers, promotes their inclusion in all areas of community life, respects their decisions and lifestyle choice, anticipates and responds flexibly to their dementia related needs and preferences.”
Our membership is drawn from all sectors within the city and continues to grow and develop, the PDAA welcomes new partners and supports them in making their organisation Dementia Friendly.
All alliance members are asked to develop an action plan for their organisation to work towards becoming dementia friendly. Organisations taking steps to become dementia friendly can then be recognised with the use of the 'Working to become dementia friendly" logo.
Dementia Friendly Plymouth toolkit
- Abbeyfield Tamar House Care Home
- Access Plymouth
- Age UK Plymouth
- Andrew Brown Dental Limited
- Barbican Theatre
- Barclays, Plymouth
- Beacon Medical Group
- Blagdons Boatyard & Chandlery
- Bluebird Care (Plymouth & South Hams)
- Brook Green Centre for Learning.
- Call 24
- Cann House Care Home
- Caremark (Plymouth)
- Caring For Carers.
- Chatsworth residential home
- Churches Together in Plymouth (CTiP)
- Darbyshire Care Ltd (Plymouth) including Hamilton House, Merchant House and Drake Nursing Home.
- Dartmoor Search and Rescue Team Plymouth
- Dementia Friendly Parishes around the Yealm
- Devon and Plymouth Chamber of Commerce
- Devonport Naval Base
- Drake Circus LP
- Elm Surgery
- Ernesettle Community School
- Everyoneactive Plympton Swimming Pool (Part of SLM Ltd)
- First Southwest
- Friary House Surgery
- GA Solicitors
- High view School
- Horizon Hypnotherapy & Counselling
- Just Bowl
- Kitsons LLP (Plympton)
- Marine Academy Primary
- Marks and Spencer Plymouth
- Millbrook Healthcare
- Mrs Marvellous-Catch A Memory
- Nash & Co Solicitors
- National Marine Aqaurium
- Need a cab?
- Nurse Plus
- Parish church of St Francis of Assisi, Honicknowle.
- Parish church of St Peter and the Holy Apostles Plymouth
- Parish church of St Thomas, Keyham (part of the mission community of St Peter and the Holy Apostles Plymouth
- Park Indigo UK
- Penryn Memory Cafe, Falmouth University
- Plymbridge House
- Plymouth Albion RFC
- Plymouth Armed Forces Community Covenant Group (PAFCCG)
- Plymouth Arts Centre
- Plymouth City Council Parking Unit
- Plymouth City Council Registration Team
- Plymouth City Council Street Cleansing and Grounds Team
- Plymouth City Council-1st Stop Shop
- Plymouth Citybus
- Plymouth Community Homes
- Plymouth Deaf Association (Blake Lodge Centre).
- Plymouth Dementia Action Alliance
- Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust
- Plymouth Octopus Project (P.O.P+)
- Plymouth Raiders
- Roborough Surgery
- Sainsburys, Armada Centre, Plymouth
- Sanctuary Care: Furzehatt Nursing, Residential and Dementia Care Home.
- Sentinel Healthcare South West CIC
- Skipton Building Society (Plymouth Branch)
- Sunshine Care Ltd
- Telecare Plymouth
- The Advocacy People
- The Budshead Medical Practice
- The Coop Food Store (Salisbury Road, Plymouth)
- The Filo Project
- The Independent Living Advisor
- The Minster Church of St Andrew.
- The Pet Express (Plymouth)
- The Royal British Legion Devon and Cornwall Area.
- Thompson and Jackson Solicitors
- Torpoint Ferry
- UTC Plymouth
- Wolferstans Solicitors
- Wolseley Trust
- Yelverton Surgery
- YMCA Plymouth/Discovery College
- Yourway Support Services-The Studio