Colchester Dementia Action Alliance
The Colchester DAA was formed in August 2016 as part of a collaborative initiative initiated by ONE Colchester the strategic partnership for the District , and initially implemented by Colchester Borough Council and Colchester Community Voluntary Services, to make the District a more dementia aware community.
We feel the Colchester DAA will bring people living with dementia, their carers, service assets within the community and organisations together to enable people to live well with dementia.
Our aim is to make Colchester a ‘Dementia Friendly’ town and District where people living with dementia and their carers feel confident knowing they can live their lives with access to the services and support they need to fully participate in community life.
The Colchester DAA is a partnership of organisations, businesses and community groups working together to build and enable resilient dementia friendly communities.
Principally the Colchester DAA will aim to:
- increase awareness of dementia across the District by recruiting a wide range of organisations and promoting;
- The roll out of Dementia Friends awareness sessions of all customer facing staff, members or volunteers (increasing the number of champions from a baseline of 2,500 in July 2016)
- Adoption of other dementia friendly measures as outlined in the relevant sector guidance available from the National DAA and the good practice examples of other Local DAA members actions posted on the DAA web site.
- Work with the community, people living with dementia and their carers to prioritise where the DAA should focus its efforts on.
This collaborative project is being overseen by the ONE Colchester strategic partnership.
Initial meetings to plan how to develop the Alliance for Colchester began in June 2016 between Colchester Borough Council, Colchester Community Voluntary Services and the Alzheimer’s Society. The Group has expanded to include other organisations and businesses and it is hoped the Alliance will continue to grow and implement many new action plans over the next year.
Establishment of the DAA and its website and an action plan to take it forward.
The Colchester DAA will meet quarterly.
How to join the LDAA
To Join the Colchester DAA or to find out more information please contact:
01206 505250 or email firstname.lastname@example.org – mark any emails Colchester Dementia Action Alliance in the subject heading
- Abbey Field Medical Centre
- ACL Essex
- ACL Essex (Colchester)
- Action for Family Carers
- Age Legal Services
- Age UK Essex
- Anglian Community Enterprise (ACE)CIC
- Barchester Woodland View
- Bluebird Care Colchester & Tendring
- Carers First
- CHAPS Men's Health Charity
- Colchester Borough Council
- Colchester Borough Council
- Colchester Borough Homes
- Colchester Hospital University Foundation Trust
- Colchester Library and Community Hub
- Community 360
- Community Agents Essex
- East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust
- East of England Coop
- Essex Children's University Trust
- Essex County Fire and Rescue Service (Tendering / Colchester)
- Essex Floating Support service
- Essex Wildlife Trust
- Fenwick Limited, Colchester
- Fisher Jones Greenwood LLP
- GP Primary Choice Limited
- Healthwatch Essex
- Helping Hands Colchester
- John Fowlers LLP Solicitors
- Mercury Theatre
- Middletons Steakhouse & Grill
- North East Essex Clinical Commissioning Group
- North Essex Older People's Community Team Colchester Adult Social Care
- Outlook Care - Foxburrow Grange Care Home
- Poplar Nurseries Ltd
- Signpost Greenstead
- Silversprings Care Home - CARE UK
- St Helena Hospice, Colchester
- The Beth Chatto Gardens & Beth Chatto Education Trust
- The Dance Network Association CIC
- Thompson Smith and Puxon
- Tiptree Medical Centre
- University of Essex Students’ Union
- WAITROSE- COLCHESTER 455