East Grinstead Dementia Action Alliance
The East Grinstead Dementia Friendly Group started meeting in 2013 comprising representatives of councils, businesses, carers, care professionals and community groups. The intention was to raise awareness of dementia to help make East Grinstead a dementia friendly community. The Group formally become an alliance in 2016 to make bigger steps and to continue raising awareness. In October 2018 the alliance was recognised as qualifying to be a Dementia Friendly Community. We are working proudly to become so throughout the town.
East Grinstead Dementia Action Alliance Overarching Aims
- Support the aims of the Alzheimer’s Society and the Dementia Action Alliance, and the National Dementia Declaration.
- Increase awareness and understanding of dementia in East Grinstead and surrounding villages.
- Assist in helping to make East Grinstead and the surrounding villages a dementia-friendly community.
- Provide information on local resources and support facilities.
- Encourage people with dementia and their family and carers to seek guidance and support.
- To establish a Dementia Alliance Steering Group to oversee and ensure continued development of action plans.
- Encourage organisations and businesses to become part of the East Grinstead dementia action alliance.
- Work with Other alliances, councils and organisations to share experience and good practice
Objectives since 2017 have all been achieved including :
- Involvement in the Lions May Fair.
- Carers Days.
- Increase membership .
- For EG to be identified as a Dementia Friendly Community.
- produce a signposting leaflet to be available at GP surgeries and other places in town.
. 2020 objectives
Turn the Town Blue for Dementia Action Week
Purchase 10 sets of Alive Inside Headphones to donate to library and Age Uk (East Grinstead)
Continue to Increase membership and awareness
Meetings are held quarterly upstairs at East Grinstead Library, from 10.00am, the dates for 2020 are:
How to join the LDAA
Julie Holden: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kate Bennett: email@example.com
- Age UK East Grinstead and District
- Age UK West Sussex Brighton & Hove
- Alzheimer's Society West Sussex
- Ashdown Medical Group
- Berkeley Home Health
- Big River Ltd
- Boots The Chemist
- Buss Murton law LLP
- care uk Millview
- Carers Support West Sussex
- Charters Court Care Home
- Charters Court Care Home
- Chequer Mead Theatre
- Crossroads Care South Central
- Dementia Crisis Team North
- East Clayton Farm
- East Grinstead and District Lions
- East Grinstead Churches Together Justice and Peace Group
- East Grinstead Town Council
- Haskins Snowhill Garden Centre
- Housing & Care 21 Crawley
- Imberhorne School
- J Sainsburys PLC (East Grinstead)
- Jubilee Community Church
- LODGE COFFEE SHOPS LTD
- Memory Asssessment Service
- Meridian 107FM
- Mid Sussex and Crawley Police - Sussex Police
- Mid Sussex District Council
- Mid Sussex Older People's Council
- Mid Sussex Voluntary Action
- Moatfield Surgery
- NHS Carers Health Team
- Queen Victoria Hospital Foundation Trust
- Ship Street Surgery
- Solea Beauty
- Stone Quarry Cafe
- Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation and Teaching Trust
- The Llama Park
- Waitrose (East Grinstead)
- Welcome Cafe Trinity Methodist Church
- West Sussex County Council
- West Sussex Libraries
- What's Happening in East Grinstead