Haringey Dementia Action Alliance
Haringey has a large, vibrant and culturally diverse population. It is our ambition to reach out to all communities within the Borough to improve the lives of people living with dementia and those of their families and carers. Encouraging intergenerational activity is one of our major aims in making Haringey Dementia Friendly.
- Ensuring that we have a strong voice of people living with dementia and their carers, guiding us throughout our journey.
- Reducing the stigma associated with Dementia and memory loss by raising awareness of dementia in through organisational and community outreach.
- Increasing the number of Dementia Friends and Dementia Champions on the area to 1 in 50 people in the borough.
- Capturing and relating the real life stories and memories of people living with dementia. To publicise stories and promote the cause.
- Encouraging intergenerational learning and engagement, ensuring all ages are involved in making Haringey Dementia Friendly.
Contact: Patrick Gray - Patrick.Gray@alzheimers.org.uk
Haringey Dementia Action Alliance has been commissioned by a range of local stakeholders, particularly Hornsey Housing Trust. Along with representatives Homes for Haringey, Adult Social Services and the Alzheimer’s Society. Beginning in May 2016 we are a vibrant energetic group who encourages individuals and organisations to become involved in tackling Dementia.
- Alexandra Park and Palace
- Art Therapy4all
- Bluebird Care Haringey
- Bridge Renewal Trust
- Christian Action Housing Association Ltd.
- Council of Asian People
- Crouch End Festival
- Cypriot Elderly and Disabled Group
- Fusion Lifestyle Haringey
- Grace Organisation
- Hackney Community Transport
- Haringey 6th Form College
- Haringey Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG)
- Haringey Libraries
- Haringey Memory Service
- Healthwatch Haringey
- Homes for Haringey
- Hornsey Housing Trust
- Jacksons Lane
- Magicare Ltd - Priscilla Wakefield House Nursing home
- Metropolitan Care and Support
- Mind in Haringey
- Moving Waves
- North London Hospice
- Osborne Grove Nursing Home
- Park Theatre
- Sanctuary Housing - Haringey
- Season Senior Living
- St James Church - TeaTime Seniors Group
- Story Gap
- The Good Care Group
- The Haynes Dementia Hub
- The Mall - Wood Green
- The Meadow MHA Care Home
- Tottenham Hotspur Foundation.
- YMCA North London Fitness Centre