Cambridge City Dementia Action Alliance
The Cambridge City Dementia Action Alliance held its first member meeting in September 2016.
CCDAA aims to improve the lives of people affected by dementia in Cambridge.
We have a programme of speakers who present about dementia from the perspective of different organisations and communities. Speakers so far have included:
- Cambridgeshire Fire & Rescue Service - role of Dementia Friends within Safe & Wells visits
- Anglia Ruskin Music Therapy Department - the role of music therapy in reducing neuropsychotic symptoms of dementia
Members bring along updates on their work, examples of best practice, questions about being dementia-friendly and any relevant events they would like to promote to the group.
Cambridge City is one of the five districts in the county of Cambridgeshire, and has an estimated resident population in 2016 of 136,200, of whom more than 16,200 (11.9%) are 65+. 978 people registered with a GP practice in Cambridge City had a recorded dementia diagnosis in 2014/15.
Data sources: Research Group, Cambridgeshire County Council 2013-based population forecasts. Health and Social Care Information Centre (HSCIC) http://www.hscic.gov.uk/qof
To join this DAA
If you are interested in joining Cambridge City DAA please contact
Fiona Wynde, Dementia Friendly Communities Officer - East of England
There are no special requirements to join - you only need to be a business or organisation based in the geographical location of Cambridge City and enthusiastic about improving the lives of people living with dementia. If you're not sure please get in touch, or book a Dementia Friends Information Session for you and your staff to find out a little more about dementia.
If you are living with dementia, or you are caring for someone with dementia, we would like to hear from you about what it is like to live in your area when you are affected by dementia. Whenever we can, we want to work on priorities identified directly by people affected by dementia. If you would like to be involved in talking to businesses, raising awareness, attending DAA meetings, or in any other way, please get in touch.
- Age UK Cambridgeshire & Peterborough
- Alzheimer's Society Cambridgeshire & Peterborough
- Bluebird Care (Cambridge and South Cambs)
- Cambridgeshire Constabulary
- Cambridgeshire Fire & Rescue Service
- Cambridgeshire Library Services
- East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust
- Greater Anglia
- Greenwich Leisure Ltd (GLL) operating under the brand Better
- Healthwatch Cambridgeshire
- Howes Percival LLP
- John Lewis
- Lupus Consilium Ltd
- The Bobby Scheme
- The Light Cinema
- The Light Cinema Wisbech