East Cambridgeshire Dementia Action Alliance
Welcome! East Cambridgeshire DAA’s page went live in March 2016; followed by a public launch on 19 May 2016, during Dementia Awareness Week, at Ely market.
(Photographer: Nik Pennycuick, picNIK photography)
ECDAA aims to;
- Increase numbers of Dementia Friends in East Cambridgeshire to 5,000 by Christmas 2017
- Increase numbers of Dementia Friends Champions in East Cambridgeshire to 60 by Christmas 2017
- Establish a membership representative of the broad geography of East Cambridgeshire
- Promote the voice of people affected by dementia
- Promote our work through local media
- Monitor our progress every six months
- Establish a regular cycle of quarterly meetings for its membership to network, share ideas and best practice
Background of East Cambridgeshire
East Cambridgeshire is one of the five districts in the county of Cambridgeshire, and has an estimated resident population in 2016 of 87,200, of whom 16,900 (19.4%) are 65+.
622 people registered with a GP practice in East Cambridgeshire had a recorded dementia diagnosis in 2014/15.
Data sources Population figures: Research Group, Cambridgeshire County Council 2013-based population forecasts.
Our Chairperson is John Yates, Churchwarden of St Peter's Church, Ely.
How to join
There are no special requirements to join - you only need to be a business or organisation based in the geographical location of East Cambridgeshire and enthusiastic about improving the lives of people living with dementia. If you're not sure please get in touch, or book a Dementia Friends Information Session for you and your staff to find out a little more about dementia.
If you are living with dementia, or you are caring for someone with dementia, we would like to hear from you about what it is like to live in your area when you are affected by dementia. Whenever we can, we want to work on priorities identified directly by people affected by dementia. If you would like to be involved in talking to businesses, raising awareness, attending DAA meetings, or in any other way, please get in touch.
For further information about this DAA, please contact
Fiona Wynde, Dementia Friendly Communities Officer - East of England
- Age UK Cambridgeshire & Peterborough
- Alzheimer's Society Cambridgeshire & Peterborough
- Cambridgeshire Constabulary
- Cambridgeshire Fire & Rescue Service
- Cambridgeshire Library Services
- East Cambridgeshire District Council
- East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust
- Ely Perspective
- Healthwatch Cambridgeshire
- Howes Percival
- The Bobby Scheme