Amber Valley Dementia Friendly Community
Dementia Friendly Community since October 2016.
Working Towards a Dementia Friendly Amber Valley
The Amber Valley Dementia Friendly Community is steered by a group of organisations, businesses, and individuals affected by dementia . Together the group aims to actively inspire and enable Amber Valley to be a community whereby people living with dementia are understood, respected, supported and confident they can contribute to community Life.
Anyone with an interest and commitment to improving the quality of life for people affected by dementia can join the Amber Valley Dementia Friendly Community as a supporter.
The Dementia Friendly Community seeks to grow and nurture a supportive and inspirational network. Supporters of the Dementia Friendly Community will get the chance to connect with a wide range of professionals, share and draw on expertise and help to support others. They will be able to display and use the working to become Dementia Friendly Logo for the current year.
Our Supporters are:
These are our current supporters taking action 2019/2020
Alfreton Town Council Alzheimer's Society - Derbyshire
Come along to find out more about our work and how you can get involved!
The next meetings of the Amber Valley Dementia Friendly Community are:
Thursday 6th June 2019 1 - 4pm & Thursday 5th September 2019 @ Florence Shipley Community Centre, Heanor.
To register your interest contact Trevor Gee on: 07816141916 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To become a Supporter - You can join Amber Valley DFC by downloading the supporter form: Supporter joining form
- Accessible Belper
- Administrator - Amber Valley
- Amber Valley Borough Council
- Beep Assist - A part of Futures Housing Group
- Belper and Duffield Rotary Club Memory Cafe
- Central England Co-operative – Ripley Store
- Derby College
- Derbyshire County Council
- Extra Help Care Limited
- Genesis Enterprise Foundation
- Metropolitan Care and Support
- Places for People Leisure Ltd – Amber Valley Contract (Ripley Leisure Centre / Alfreton Leisure Centre / William Gregg VC Leisure Centre (Heanor)
- Rachaels Secret Tea Room
- Somercotes Medical Centre