Hackney Dementia Action Alliance
Hackney Dementia Action Alliance has been commissioned by the Hackney Dementia Alliance Board, comprising representatives from The City and Hackney Clinical Commissioning Group, Homerton University Hospital Trust, East London Foundation Trust and Alzheimer’s Society.
Hackney has a large, vibrant and ethnically / culturally diverse population. It is our ambition to reach out to all communities within the Borough to improve the lives of people living with dementia and those of their families and carers.
We aim to achieve this by:
- Ensuring that we have a strong voice of people living with dementia and their carers, guiding us throughout our journey.
- Encouraging organisations to see dementia as highly relevant to their business practices and empowering them to take positive action to reduce the stigma and barriers that can confront people with dementia.
- Spreading a better awareness of dementia within the community and dispelling the misconceptions that often exist.
- Encouraging as many people as possible, through the Dementia Friends Initiative, to give consideration as to how they personally might make a contribution towards improving the day to day lives of people with dementia.
The City and Hackney Dementia Alliance working together with carers have produced a 'Carers Guide’. This easy to read guide informs people who they can talk to about issues ranging from noticing problems with memory, to lasting powers of attorney and respite options.
The City and Hackney Carers Centre, a member of the Dementia Alliance, launched the guide during a well-attended event at St Joseph’s Hospice for National Carers’ Week.
Free copies of the guide are available in GP surgeries, community centres and libraries in Hackney and the City of London
The guide is also available in electronic format and can be downloaded. Please click here for the online version. Alternatively, if you would like hard copies sent to you, please contact:
Alzheimer’s Society City and Hackney on: 020 8533 0091
City and Hackney Carers Centre on: 020 8533 0951
Adult Social Care Team (City of London) on: 020 7332 1224
Who to Contact:
Harry Johnson - Hackney Dementia Friendly Communities Co-ordinator on: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8533 0091
- Alzheimer's Society City & Hackney
- Bluebird Care (Islington & Hackney)
- BuddyHub C.I.C.
- City & Hackney Clinical Commissioning Group
- City & Hackney Older People's Reference Group
- City and Hackney Carers Centre
- City and Hackney Mind
- East london school of music
- For Brian CIC
- Geffrye Museum
- Greenwich Leisure Limited (GLL)
- Hackney Caribbean Elderly Organisation
- Hackney Community Transport
- Hackney Libraries
- Hanover Housing
- Homerton University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- London Borough of Hackney - Telecare Service
- London Fire Brigade Hackney
- On Our Radar
- Somerford Grove Practice
- St Joseph’s Hospice
- The Heron practice
- Wholefoods Market