Hackney Dementia Action Alliance
Hackney Dementia Action Alliance has been commissioned by the Hackney Dementia Alliance Board, comprising representatives from The City and Hackney Clinical Commissioning Group, Homerton University Hospital Trust, East London Foundation Trust and Alzheimer’s Society.
Hackney has a large, vibrant and ethnically / culturally diverse population. It is our ambition to reach out to all communities within the Borough to improve the lives of people living with dementia and those of their families and carers.
We aim to achieve this by:
- Ensuring that we have a strong voice of people living with dementia and their carers, guiding us throughout our journey.
- Encouraging organisations to see dementia as highly relevant to their business practices and empowering them to take positive action to reduce the stigma and barriers that can confront people with dementia.
- Spreading a better awareness of dementia within the community and dispelling the misconceptions that often exist.
- Encouraging as many people as possible, through the Dementia Friends Initiative, to give consideration as to how they personally might make a contribution towards improving the day to day lives of people with dementia.
Who to Contact:
Sandra Cater - Hackney Dementia Action Alliance Co-ordinator on: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0208 533 0091
- Alzheimer's Society City & Hackney
- Bluebird Care (Islington & Hackney)
- City & Hackney Clinical Commissioning Group
- City & Hackney Older People's Reference Group
- City and Hackney Mind
- Geffrye Museum
- Greenwich Leisure Limited (GLL)
- Hackney Caribbean Elderly Organisation
- Hackney Community Transport
- Hackney Libraries
- Hanover Housing
- Homerton University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- London Borough of Hackney - Telecare Service
- London Fire Brigade Hackney
- On Our Radar
- Somerford Grove Practice
- The Heron practice
- Wholefoods Market