Skegness Area Dementia Action Alliance
The Skegness Area DAA was launched in October 2015. The alliance comprises of a range of organisations including public, private and third sector organisations. Skegness Area DAA members are striving to achieve common goals outlined below as well as individual organisational goals as outlined in their action plans.
We are working collectively to ensure that Skegness Area is working towards becoming a dementia friendly community.
Skegness Area DAA aims
Recognise the diversity of organisations needed to support people with dementia and their carers in Skegness and the surrounding area.
- Recognise and respond to local patient and carer’s needs as best we can.
- Work towards Skegness Area becoming a Dementia Friendly Community.
- Encourage members to join the DAA.
- Share information, resources, opportunities and best practice amongst members.
- To encourage local participation in the Dementia Friends initiative, particularly by providing more opportunities locally.
Terms of Reference
Skegness Ares DAA Meetings
Meetings are held quarterly. Future dates and venues are:
Tuesday 10th September 2019, Clinical Commissioning Office, Cecil Avenue, Skegness
Tuesday 10th December 2019, Clinical Commissioning Office, Cecil Avenue, Skegness
New members are always welcome! If you would like to get involved, please contact Kerry.Rye@Lincolnshireeastccg.nhs.uk (please note working days are Tuesday and Wednesday)
How to join Skegness Area DAA
We welcome new organisations from the public, private and voluntary sector. To become a member of the DAA please register on the website and complete an action plan. We ask members to regularly attend meetings, report on their action plans and get involved in the local work of the alliance.
To become a member or to find out more about Lincolnshire's Dementia Action Alliances please contact:
Telephone: 01522 692681