Devon Dementia Partnership
The Devon Dementia Partnership was developed in 2013 following the Provider Engagement Network meeting. It is a multi-agency partnership representing the public, voluntary and private sectors which aims to help Devon respond to key challenges set out in the Prime Minister’s Challenge on Dementia.
The Partnership is open to any organisation offering services, information or guidance to those with a dementia and their carers within the administrative boundaries of Devon County Council.
The overall functions of the partnership are to:
- encourage communication and coordination of information about dementia care and support in Devon
- identify and promote good practice and innovation between partners
- provide an opportunity to support sharing the above.
The partnership aims to do this by:
- developing Devon as a dementia-friendly County
- facilitating collaboration across all sectors involved
- promoting the voice of people with dementia and their carers
- improving awareness and understanding of dementia
- improving training, quality and practice in key areas within and across these sectors, and
- communicating and encouraging Partnership activity through a variety of media ie. Annual conference, social media, community events/workshops.
Vikki Cochran, NEW Devon CCG
The partnership is currently revising its structure and governance
Examples of the impact of the Devon Dementia Partnership include:
- The facilitation of 2 highly regarded local conferences: Living with Dementia in Devon in May 2014, and Living Independently and Well with Dementia in May 2015.
- The coordination of other events including Memory Café network events
- The facilitation of the appointment of a Partnership Development Officer to support ongoing development of dementia friendly communities in Devon.
Priorities for next year:
To review the current structure and role and explore involvement of people with dementia
The Devon Dementia Partnership holds 6 steering group meetings each year.
Please contact email@example.com for more information