Radstock Dementia Action Alliance
Radstock Town Council started the process to become a Dementia Friendly Community in January 2015. We are now working to achieve our aims and recruit new members to turn understanding into action.
A Working Group was established and consists of:
Chair - Councillor Elizabeth Derl-Davis
Vice Chair - Councillor Chris Dando
Councillor Mike Boulton
In addition the group is supported by Flyff McLaren an ex councillor who has professional experience as a careworker.
- To raise awareness and create a dementia friendly community in Radstock.
- To work towards improving the experiences of local people living with dementia in Radstock and the surrounding area.
- To support and encourage businesses and organisations in the town to become dementia aware. Turning understanding into action and deliver changes that make a difference.
- Offer free awareness raising sessions for businesses, organisations, community groups and the public.
- Ensure inclusivity of people with dementia and their carers helping them to remain independent have choice and control.
- Established a Working Group
- Supported the local Alzheimer’s Society in setting up regular “Singing for the Brain” sessions
- Engaged with partners
- Alzheimer’s Society
- Carers Forum
- Carers in the Community
- Dementia Action Alliance
- Creativity Works
Holding meetings every six weeks
How to join
Contact Radstock Town Council via
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone – 01761 437962