Bromley Dementia Action Alliance
What is the DAA?
Dementia is one of the greatest challenges facing our society today. Public awareness is high but an understanding of the difficulties it brings can be limited. The Alliance has been developed to help community groups and organisations take steps to understand and alleviate some of the difficulties that dementia brings.
The Dementia Action Alliance is a movement with one simple aim: to bring about a society-wide response to dementia. It encourages and supports communities and organisations across England to take practical actions to enable people to live well with dementia and reduce the risk of costly crisis intervention.
The Bromley DAA is chaired jointly by:
Angela Clayton-Turner and Samantha Buckland
For further information email email@example.com
Please note that Bromley DAA is run by volunteers therefore while this email account is routinely monitored it is only on a part time basis. We aim to respond to urgent messages within 5 working days but to all other messages within 10 working days.
The Bromley DAA has been established by a group of committed individuals from various organisations and community groups who have been meeting to steer its formation.
The Bromley DAA was officially launched on October 13th 2015. Our first annual meeting was held in October 2016. We held a large event on October 17th 2017 at which we celebrated Bromley being given working towards being a dementia friendly community status and also hosted the launch of the Red Bag scheme in Bromley.
Our third annual meeting took place on October 16th 2018 at Crofton Halls, Orpington. Entitled DEMENTIA MEANS BUSINESS the event was planned especially for local businesses and we arranged a programme packed with information, advice and personal experience.
This year we hope to have events which celebrate the Alzheimer's Society's 40th anniversary and our own 5th anniversary.
How to join the Bromley DAA
Membership is open to all organisations, businesses and community groups. To become a member all you have to do is sign up to the National Dementia Declaration and submit a short action plan which includes 3 actions which set out how you will work towards delivering the outcomes outlined in the declaration and help to make Bromley a more dementia friendly community. In return the Bromley DAA will publically recognise your commitment by including your membership on its page on the National Dementia Action Alliance website and support you in working towards being a dementia friendly organisation.
- 1st Green Street Green Scouts
- Age UK Bromley and Greenwich
- Alzheimer's Society -Bromley Services
- Ballater Surgery
- Bank House Surgery
- Baxter & Co
- Bertha James Day Centre
- Biggin Hill Community Care Association
- Bromley & Lewisham Mind
- Bromley - Hearbase
- Bromley Clinical Commissioning Group
- Bromley Dementia Friend Champion Group
- Bromley Healthcare
- Cannon Cars Ltd
- Chislehurst and Sidcup Housing Association
- Chislehurst Dementia cafe
- Christ Church (Anglican Church) Beckenham
- Clarkson Wright & Jakes
- Compassion HomeCare
- Dennehy Weller & Co
- Diocese of Rochester
- Driving Miss Daisy
- Forge Close Surgery
- Foxbridge House Care Home
- GLL Bromley Library Service
- health care hmp belmarsh
- Healthcare Management Trust- Coloma Court Care Home
- Healthwatch Bromley
- Home Instead Senior Care Bromley, Chislehurst and Orpington
- Lauriston House
- Linklater & Warren Opticians
- London Borough of Bromley
- London Fire Brigade - Bromley Borough Team
- Manak Solicitors
- MEMORY BOX CAFE
- Memory Lane Cafe
- Met Police Bromley
- Mission Care
- Mytime Active
- Nandos Walnuts Centre Orpington
- Nationwide Building Society Beckenham branch
- NHS Bromley Clinical Commissioning Group
- Nugent Shopping
- Orpington 1st
- Orpington Village Hall
- Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust
- Park Avenue Care Home
- Princess Royal University Hospital
- Right at Home Bromley
- SilverBirch Healthcare
- St Edmunds Drop in Cafe.
- St George's Church Beckenham
- St James' RC Primary
- Steven Mears Funeral Directors
- Stock Hill Medical Centre
- The Chislehurst Medical Practice
- The Glades
- Thomas Dunton Solicitors
- vtb mobility