Horsham District Dementia Action Alliance
From is origins In 2015 the Horsham Dementia Action Alliance has continued to raise the awareness of dementia across the district. By attending Health & Social Care events and working with local business to help them understand how dementia affects their workforce and their customers. Continually promoting ways to better support people affected by dementia to remain involved and active in their communities. In July 2017 Horsham District was confirmed by the Alzheimer's Society as a Dementia Friendly Community.
To create a dementia friendly Horsham District in which people with dementia are empowered to have aspirations and feel confident, knowing they can contribute and participate in activities meaningful to them.
Our members are encouraged to co-host awareness meetings with the Horsham District DAA steering group, where they can share best practice, learn from the experience of others and positively contribute to improving the day to day life for people affected by dementia.
Our next meeting will be held at Amberley Museum and Heritage Centre on Tuesday 8th May 10am - 12noon.
Guest Speakers include representatives from:
- Amberley Museum and Heritage Centre
- Chichester Festival Theatre
- Irene Loft to discuss the WSCC Dementia Framework
This is an Open Forum for anyone who has been affected by, has an interest in dementia and creating a more dementia friendly community.
There will be an exclusive opportunity to discover the Amberley Museum at your leisure after the meeting for a £5 donation per person.
- Administrator - Horsham DAA
- Age UK Horsham District
- Age UK West Sussex
- Alzheimer's Society West Sussex North
- Amberley Museum & Heritage Centre
- Barchester Healthcare, Red Oaks
- Berkeley Home Health
- Billingshurst Community Partnership
- Billingshurst Family Church
- Billingshurst Primary School
- Billingshurst Trinity United Reformed Church
- Care Charts UK / Mycarematters
- Care UK
- Carers Support West Sussex
- Crossroads Care South Central
- Dementia Crisis Team North
- East Clayton Farm
- Hanover Housing Association
- Horsham Denne Neighbourhood Council
- Horsham District Council
- Horsham District Older Peoples Forum
- Horsham Town Community Partnership
- Horsham Unitarian Church
- Housing & Care 21 Crawley
- North Horsham Parish Council
- Places for People Leisure - Horsham District
- Rosedale Care Home
- Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation and Teaching Trust
- The Hub
- United Reform Church, Pulborough
- West Sussex County Council
- West Sussex libraries
- West Sussex Library Service