Selby & District Dementia Action Alliance
Our aim is to bring individuals and organisations together to reduce stigma and raise understanding of dementia; to enable people living with dementia to continue doing the things that they've always enjoyed, within their own community, for as long as they can.
To achieve our aim we need to:
- Bring together the whole community in making a difference to those living with dementia.
- Encourage organisations to see dementia as their business and empower them to take action when they have other concerns and priorities.
- Engage in awareness raising activities and education.
- Ensure we have a strong voice for people living with dementia
It's free to join, in return we ask new members to complete a brief action plan setting out what they can do to make a difference to people living with dementia.
How to Join
Membership in the Alliance is open to any group, organisation or business in Selby and District.
There is currently no Chairperson for this alliance so please contact email@example.com if you have any enquiries.
- Alzheimer's Society - Selby and York
- Arriva Yorkshire Limited
- Barchester Healthcare
- British Transport Police - North East Region
- Catholic Diocese of Leeds
- Dementia Forward
- Groundwork West & North Yorkshire
- Heart Medical
- Heaven & Home
- North Yorkshire County Council - Health and Adult Services
- North Yorkshire County Council Trading Standards and Planning Services
- North Yorkshire Libraries & Information Service
- North Yorkshire Police
- North Yorkshire Sport Ltd
- Selby District Council
- The Provincial Grand Lodge of Yorkshire North and East Ridings
- Trans Pennine Express
- Two Ridings Community Foundation
- wrdunn. Architecture
- York Hospitals NHS Trust