Settle Dementia Action Alliance
Settle Dementia Action Alliance aims to bring together everyone who wants to make a difference from the Settle and District community, including families and carers; enabling people living with dementia to participate in everyday life and to live to their full potential and remain valuable members of the local community.
Settle Dementia Action Alliance was launched in May 2016, and celebrated this with a successful community event which attracted people living with dementia, their carers and many organisations working in the community.
The alliance is now planning to work together with individuals, organisations and businesses to:
• Raise understanding and commitment to becoming more dementia aware
• Build confidence and increase understanding to enable organisations to take action
We will ensure that people living with dementia are involved in all that we do.
We will call open meetings to inform and involve the whole community.
Explore what a DAA is and how you can join Settle DAA by using our QuickStart Pack for Potential New Members. Every new member must decide on three actions they are going to take to start their journey to becoming dementia friendly - if you need some ideas, look at our Example Actions.
For more information, please contact:
c/o Settle Victoria Hall, Settle
- Leeds-Lancaster-Morecambe Community Rail Partnership Ltd.
- Age UK North Craven
- Airedale, Wharfedale and Craven Clinical Commissioning Group
- Catholic Diocese of Leeds
- Craven District Council
- Heart Medical
- Lynn Northrop Architects
- Making Space - Craven
- North Yorkshire Sport Ltd
- Pioneer Projects ( Celebratory Arts ) Ltd
- Settle Victoria hall
- Two Ridings Community Foundation