Darlington Dementia Action Alliance
The Darlington Dementia Action Alliance will achieve its aims by bringing together organisations from public, private and charity sectors - not just from health and social care , but from sectors such as the emergency services, retailers and transport operators and community facilities
The ultimate aim is to encourage local communities in Darlington and the surrounding area to become dementia friendly - increasing awareness of the condition and how the community can work together to reduce stigma allowing people with dementia to contribute as fully as possible to community life.
Challenges will include making sure that we encourage a wide range of organisations to become part of the local DAA movement, and that changes made reflect the needs of our diverse local communities.
Other challenges will include getting the correct members in to fully achieve the goals of the Darlington Dementia Action Alliance and looking at ways to continuously improve.
- Working towards creating Dementia Friendly Communities within the Borough of Darlington.
- To raise awareness to increase early dementia diagnosis and improve early intervention care and support.
- To make Darlington more accessible for people living with dementia
- Recognising the diversity of organisations needed to support people with dementia and their carers in Darlington.
- Encouraging organisations to become part of the Dementia Action Alliance.
- Identifying and working with Dementia Champions within the Darlington area.
- Sharing of information amongst members.
- Identifying future work, sharing of resources and working in partnership.
- Develop an annual work plan and monitor progress
- Age UK Darlington
- Asda - Whinbush Way, Darlington
- BHP Law
- Boots - High Row, Darlington
- Carefree Mobility
- Co. Durham and Darlington Fire and Rescue Service
- Cornmill Shopping Centre
- County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust
- Crown Street and Cockerton Library, Darlington
- Darlington Borough Council
- Darlington Citizens Advice
- Darlington Civic Theatre
- Darlington Town Rangers
- Darlington Train Station - Virgin Trains East Coast
- Department For Education Darlington
- Eden Mobility - Darlington
- Elderwood Carehome
- Halifax, Darlington
- Head of Steam - Darlington Railway Museum
- Helping Hands
- Home Instead Senior Care - Darlington
- Middleton Hall Retirement Village
- Morrisons, Darlington
- Neasham Road Surgery
- Nick and Gordon Carver Residential
- Optical Express, Darlington
- Parkgate Surgery
- Riverside View Care Home
- Rockliffe Court Surgery
- Rowlands Pharmacy - Denmark St, Darlington
- Sainsburys Superstore Darlington - (Victoria Road)
- Specsavers, Darlington
- Spire Washington Hospital
- The Bay Horse, Hurworth
- The Mustard Tree Cafe
- The Perfume Shop, Darlington
- Whinfield Medical Practice