Rye & District Dementia Action Alliance (RDDAA)
RDDAA is a newly formed local alliance launched in Dementia Awareness week in May this year (2015). It is made up of organisations across the area, working together to radically improve the lives of people living with dementia and their carers and to help make Rye a dementia friendly town.
We urge any organisation including businesses, public services and independent organisations to get in touch to see how you can help to make Rye ‘dementia friendly’.
It is free to join, in return we ask new members to complete a brief action plan setting out what they can do to make a difference to people living with dementia.
To transform the quality of life of people with dementia and their carers within Rye District through the establishment of a Rye District Dementia Action Alliance, and the launching of Rye District as a ‘dementia friendly community’.
- To increase awareness and understanding of dementia by promoting opportunities for dementia champions training and dementia friends’ sessions.
- To break down barriers and help remove stigmatisation.
- To support the development of a role for people with dementia and their carers
- To establish 'community support' including local businesses, statutory and voluntary organisations, and community groups.
- Established the RDDAA steering group
- Delivered eleven Dementia Friends Sessions delivered
- Created 125 dementia friends
- Established three Dementia Champions
- Hosted two events to mark Dementia Awareness Week.
How to join the Rye District DAA
To become a member of this Local Dementia Action Alliance, organisations sign up to the National Dementia Declaration and submit a short action plan setting out how they will work towards delivering the outcomes outlined in the declaration. Once this has been submitted successfully, the organisation will be considered a member of the Dementia Action Alliance.
Resources such as the National Dementia Declaration and action plan template can be downloaded here, and organisations should use the contact details below to seek guidance or assistance.
Alliance meetings are held at least 4 times a year. For more information, contact Daliea Redman or Colin Stack.
If you would like to join Rye District DAA or wish to volunteer, please contact:
Daliea Redman Colin Stack
Rye District DAA Chair RDDAA Co-chair
Tel. 07737 350896 Email: RDDAA@outlook.com