Scarborough Dementia Action Alliance
Our aim is to bring individuals and organisations together to reduce stigma and raise understanding of dementia; to enable people living with dementia to continue doing the things that they enjoy within their own community for longer.
To achieve our aim we need to:
- Bring together the whole community in making a difference to those living with dementia.
- Encourage organisations to see dementia as their business and empower them to take action when they have other concerns and priorities.
- Engage in awareness raising activities and education.
- Ensure we have a strong voice for people living with dementia.
It's free to join, in return we ask new members to complete a brief action plan setting out what they can do to make a difference to people living with dementia.
How to Join
Membership in the Alliance is open to any group, organisation or business in Scarborough.
For more information please contact our DAA Chair, Tim Kirkup, at email@example.com or call 07980 290266
- Age UK Scarborough & District
- Alzheimer's Society - Scarborough, Whitby, Ryedale
- British Transport Police - North East Region
- Burniston Methodist Church
- Coast and Vale Community Action
- Dean's Garden Centres
- DIAL A RIDE
- East Yorkshire Motor Services Limited
- Groundwork West & North Yorkshire
- Hackness Road Surgery
- Heart Medical
- Making Space - Scarborough
- North Yorkshire County Council - Health and Adult Services
- North Yorkshire County Council Trading Standards and Planning Services
- North Yorkshire Libraries & Information Service
- North Yorkshire Police
- North Yorkshire Sport Ltd
- Pinkney Grunwells
- Sainsbury’s Local - Ramshill Road
- Sainsbury’s Scarborough
- SBC Sports Development Unit / Active Coast & Country
- Scarborough and Ryedale Community Cycling C.I.C.
- Scarborough Borough Council
- Scarborough Library & Information Centre
- Scarborough Museums Trust
- Scarborough SEA LIFE Sanctuary
- Scarborough Survivors
- Skipton Building Society - Scarborough Branch
- Skipton Building Society – Newby Branch
- South Cliff Community Group
- The Proudfoot Group
- The Provincial Grand Lodge of Yorkshire North and East Ridings
- Two Ridings Community Foundation
- Woodlands Nursing Home
- York Hospitals NHS Trust
- Yorkshire Coast Homes